Friday, October 23, 2009

The Most Lovely Club of Swansea St Mary's...

Last night I gave my presentation to The Rotary Club of Swansea St Mary's, at Sketty Hall. Several members of the Mumbles club were there too - Because I have been to several events so far, I am starting to see Rotarians I have already met, which is great! As usual with Rotarians, Liz Jones (Pres. Elect Swansea Bay) and I were made to feel most welcome, and I had the pleasure of sitting at the top table. After my presentation, a Foundation representative went through what the Ambassadorial Scholarship was about - something I was very grateful for, as it is one of the several things that just don't fit into the short space I have for presenting. There is a link on the right hand side of the page here ------> that should take you to the RI page on Ambassadorial Scholarships, which is a useful source of information on what I am meant to be doing this year! Anyway, back to the meeting last night - the Foundation member had been reading my blog (hello!), and had read that I need more photos to put on my walls, and that I miss Fresian cows... apparently there are lots here, I just haven't seen any! I was then presented with an A4 print out of a fresian dairy cow to pin on my wall! It was wonderful to be received with such thoughtfulness, as well as humour! Thank you Swansea St Mary's!

I would also like to mention that a week or so ago I spoke to the Rotary Club of Llanelli, but I unfortunately didn't blog about it afterwards. It too, was an enjoyable evening for me, accompanied by Mair, Gwenda, Liz Jones, Bryan, Mike, and Anne Bowen all from Swansea Bay. I do like being asked questions about my own country and culture, and I am learning more about it myself when I have to come home and google the answers to the questions I didn't know! Again, thank you Llanelli for hosting us for the evening, I hope you found my presentation interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment