Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mid-Week Message

Just a quick stop to say I'm looking forward to a night of sewing this week - sewing club banners onto fabric to be hung up in our meetings at Swansea Bay. Why have I shared this with you? In the hopes that you, too, will be inspired to get sewing and display all those club flags and banners you've been presented with over the years! (And if I've given you one, put it in prime position!)

In other news, I was enjoying the beautiful sunshine Swansea was turning on for me, until this last week - what happened South Wales?? Please come back, I swear we can work it out! Not that I mind the gray days terribly, or even a bit of rain, but these last 5 days the University decided to switch into back-up water heating for my hall of residence, without checking it first... only to discover (too late on Friday before a bank holiday weekend) that the both immersion heaters have burnt out! Maintenance, UK! So I've been gritting my teeth and trying to shower at the hottest part of the day so I don't freeze to death. For those of you who've met me and seen the length of my hair - I had to wash my hair on Sunday and I can tell you I was glad I had a warm hair dryer to use afterwards! Oh it's all an adventure. Hopefully the water will be back on tonight.

A video should be on its way in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment