Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Saint David's Day!

Sut Mae!

A video is sure to follow, but in the mean time I just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a Happy Saint David's day on March 1st - or Wales day as I like to call it. St David is the patron saint of Wales, and he died on this date in the year 589 (don't get history like that in NZ!). There has been some talk (since 2000) of having the day as a bank holiday for Wales, but this is yet to be confirmed by the people in charge of such things :( ... So I went in to work. I actually spent most of the day doing Rotary things so that was fairly enjoyable! So, in the UK, each of the 4 countries (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales) each have a patron saint, and a day to celebrate: England have St George, Scotland St Andrew, and Northern Ireland have... St Patrick! Speaking of which, I am lucky enough to be going to Dublin this St Paddy's day with a few friends, including Laura. On that note, I also hope everyone had a good Waitangi day on 6th February (or New Zealand day as I like to call that one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment